In yesterday's post, Some call it beginners luck, I said I love giving referrals and I suck at asking for them.
I feel uncomfortable asking for help.
Asking for a referral makes me feel desperate.
I know it's all in my head.
Just for fun, I Googled "how to ask for referrals" and guess what came up?
Lots of templates.
Some of the templates say to "make it personal."
I've never been a big fan of templates because they don't feel authentic.
I try to stuff my words into the template and it ends up like putting lipstick on a pig.
One tip did resonate with me.
Share the characteristics of your favorite clients and how you help them.
Here goes nothing.
My favorite clients in no particular order:
- Family is their top priority
- They worked in the corporate world for over 20 years
- They're ready to venture out on their own or they've been laid off and don't know what's next
- They want to maintain their skills, be relevant, stay engaged, and be part of an engaging community
- Their perfect business would be a 10-20 hour workweek while earning enough to maintain their current lifestyle
- They love to travel and live an active lifestyle
- We share the same values of honesty, integrity, authenticity, humor, happiness, optimism, and service
- We love to have fun
- We love to help others
- Money is not their driving force - making a difference is what makes them tick
How do I help them?
- Get really clear on what you want in this stage of your life
- Help you create a business you LOVE that runs on YOUR TERMS
- Establish your personal brand that positions you as THE industry authority
- Help you maintain and improve your skillset so you remain at the TOP of your game
- Turn your knowledge and experience into a competitive advantage
- Show you how to start casual conversations on LinkedIn that turn into sales conversations.
- Help you use online marketing strategies to close more deals and get great referrals
- Let you focus on doing what you do best and not worry about learning the latest internet marketing trends
- Help you build a referral network that sends you qualified prospects regularly
- Done-for-You marketing and lead generation
If you know someone like this, please send them my way.
I appreciate your help.
P.S. That was way easier than I thought it would be.