This debate continues in my Business Accelerator Action Group.
Is it better to have a small, medium, large or even extra-large (30K limit) network?
There is no wrong or right answer. It depends on your objective for using LinkedIn.
Here are a few of the pros and cons of each network
Small Network Pros
- Very focused audience with specific interests
- Easier to keep in touch and engage with your network on a regular basis
- Has a family or tribe feel
Small Network Cons
- You have a limited exposure on LinkedIn
- You don’t leverage the exponential power of LinkedIn’s 1st, 2nd and 3rd level networks (friends of friends)
Larger Network Pros
- You have broad reach and exposure on LinkedIn
- You’ll leverage the exponential power of LinkedIn’s 1st, 2nd and 3rd level networks (friends of friends)
Larger network Cons
- Your network’s interests are broad and may not be interested in your expertise
- It’s hard to keep track of your network’s activities because your newsfeed will be overwhelming
- You’ll be overwhelmed with solicitations via LinkedIn messages
- Your network will be more impersonal
What do you think? Small, medium or large? What size network works for you?
LinkLet me know in the comments below…